Cassie Martin, born in 2002, began her musical education at the age of five with Dominique Jacquet in Orléans. In 2011 she started at the Conservatory of Music, Dance and Theatre of Orléans, where she followed an apprenticeship with Josiane Rabemananjara for 4 years. In October 2015, she was accepted at the CRR Conservatory in Paris, in a specialised cycle in the class of Gérard Abiton.
She has played in various guitar ensembles during several editions of the festival "Voyage au Centre de la Guitare" and has also participated in numerous workshops that have allowed her to work with - among others - Jérémy Jouve, Judicaël Perroy who have all contributed to her musical development.
In June 2017, at the age of 15, she obtained her D.E.M. French diploma in music, unanimously with the Congratulations of the jury.
Cassie Martin has won several national and international competitions:
- 1st prize at the Petites Mains Symphoniques Competition at 9 years old;
- 1st prize in the 2C4 category at the Epinal Artistic Competition in 2014;
- 2nd prize at the 11th edition of the Montigny Competition in 2016;
- 2nd prize at the International Youth Competition in Vienna in 2016;
- 3rd prize in the Revelation category at the Drôme de Guitares competition in 2016;
- 1st prize in the under-16 category at the Carry-le-Rouet International Competition in 2017;
- Selected for the semi-final of the Maurizio Biasini International Competition in April 2018;
- 1st Prize at the Roland Dyens International Competition, Classical Guitar Revelation 2018;
- 1st prize in the Excellence category at the Carry-le-Rouet Competition in 2018.
In May 2018 she had the honour of playing Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Concerto under the direction of Xavier Delette and working with Sergio Assad.
She is particularly interested in the repertoire of both early and contemporary music, but what she loves most is the stage, sharing her passion for the guitar with the audience.
- Classical Guitar