Guitarist, with a very unique finger playing technic, French Ibanez guitar schools teaching director, Nancy’Music Academy International permanent member, Yannick Robert is very active on the french and international jazz and fusion scene since years. He is endorsed by Ibanez since 1992, who built for him a Fretless signature model, he takes part to the Fretless Guitar Masters and Village of the Unfretted recordings.
He recently took part on the cine-concert of the original movie soundtrack The Artist with the Strasbourg symphonic orchestra and the composer Ludovic Bource. He produced more than twenty methods and teaching Dvds, and has released about twenty
albums among which La Danse du Chat (2011) and Echec et Malt (2013), recorded at Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios with the Blues & Beyond Quartet, with world known bass player Dominique Dipiazza, harmonicist Sébastien Charlier et drummer Yoann Schmidt, with whom he has toured in the whole world.
He recently released with his Soul Cages Trio (2017) an album dedicated to jazz arrangements of Sting’s compositions, and also Baïkal (2017) in duet with Belgian bass-player Benoit Vanderstraeten, and finally with the Millenium trio (2018) with Franck Agulhon (drums) et de Benoit Vanderstraeten (basse).
In September 2019 will be released AGORA quartet’s first album recorded with Franck Agulhon, Diégo Imbert (cb) and Sébastien Charlier.
Yannick Robert is guitar referent at the MAI, and collection director at MAI BOOKS, LEMOINE and HAL LEONARD editions. He has also recorded a lot of teaching modules for the music teaching website imusic-school.com.
• 1991 - Le Pendule ( Aurophon )
• 1998 - Dix Cordes de Nuit ( dist. Guitar Euroshop )
• 2001 - Maid of the Mist ( dist. Guitar Euroshop )
• 2005 - Vaci Utca ( Muséa Records )
• 2011 - Blues & Beyond Quartet : La Danse du Chat ( ABR )
• 2013 - Blues & Beyond Quartet : Echec et Malt ( ABR )
• 2017 - Soul Cages Trio (ABR, distr. Inouïe)
• 2017 - Baïkal (duo avec Benoit Vanderstraeten) (ABR)
• 2018 - Millenium Trio (avec Agulhon et Vanderstraeten) (ABR)
• 2019 - Agora : Secret de Polichinelle (ABR, dist. Inouïe)
En tant qu’invité
• 1989 - Lemon Air ( Guy Cabay )
• 1992 - Duck Time ( Mardens, Charlier, Vandertsraeten )
• 1993 - Nain de Jardin ( Benoit Sourisse )
• 1998 - Gozzozoo ( Alain Gozzo )
• 2001 - Fretless Guitar Masters
• 2005 - Village of the Unfretted
• 2010 - Emana (Matthieu Eskenazi)
• 2017 - Think Positive (Éouzgang)
- Classical Guitar
- Electric guitar